Home > Alpaca Library >
- The major tax advantages of alpaca ownership include the employment
of depreciation, capital gains treatment, and if you are an active
hands-on owner, the benefit of off-setting your ordinary income from
other sources with expenses from your ranching business (See Tax
Consequences of Owning Alpacas.)
- The financial return using the agisted approach, should you
elect to board your animals, is also very good. There are breeders who
would be happy to discuss agisting alpacas on behalf of prospective
- Quality, color, gender of offspring, and strength of the overall industry could influence results positively or negatively.
- It is important that you make a purchase decision using
assumptions that reflect your personal tax and financial situation, as
well as your own assessment of the alpaca industry.
- Financing terms are available from some breeders and range from a few months to two years or more.
It is always wise to consider both the upside and the downside of
any potential purchase, It is important to feel comfortable with a
range of possible financial returns if your actual experiences differ
from your assumptions.
< Back to Getting Started
Holiday Tour December 7th & 8th
Mark your calendar for the 2013 NEAOBA HOLIDAY TOUR Days !!
December 7th & 8th
Learn More >