NEAOBA BOD Meeting
July 15, 2009
Members on teleconference:
A motion was made and seconded to approve the secretary’s
minutes from the last meeting..
The treasurer’s report was accepted as read.
The discussion about new State Reps lead to the decision
that since it is so late in the year, the current State Reps should host this
year’s gathering. Cathy will check with
the current reps to see if they can find people to take over from them for 2010 and be in place quickly so that the new
reps can be announced at the Annual
Meeting in the spring. With the
communications issue seemingly resolved, the only “job” of the reps is the
hosting of the annual state picnics.
The NECC update was made.
· Lenny Fox is very excited
about the upcoming show, but needs to keep us informed of the progress since
none of us is there working on it.
· Pens have been secured from
Kentucky Criations for under $10,000
· The contract has been signed
· The show is still awaiting
· Nicola seems to be
comfortable with the progress so far.
· Jim would like a revised
bill directly from the venue, not a secondhand one.
· The escape clause still
needs to be clarified. We need to know
when the last date we can cancel by is and how much the penalty will be. Some shows across the country have cancelled,
while others that have been held have lost quite a bit of money.
· Sponsorships carry the show
and are needed to cover the expense of the building. If theis can be met, the rest is okay.
· None of the BOD on the
teleconference is able to attend NECC, for various reasons, but Dan has offered
his services to get the show up and running, i.e. pen layout, setting up the
rings and getting the bill straightened out.
· Parking may still be an issue
and clarification needs to be made as to where the secured lots are and exactly
what does secured mean.
· As a board, we need to know
the penalties for cancellation ASAP, but without registrations open this is
NEAF was discussed and a motion was made and seconded to
continue attending NEAF in 2010. Jim
will be putting figures together to let us know if we need to charge a modest
amount for the fleece show to help us get ahead.
For the website work, we really need someone that can
interface with Cathy and Breedworks. We
are hoping that Cathy has spoken to James Clark of Clark Summit Alpacas about
this. If he is interested, he should be
the one to interface with Breedworks and not just approve the events for us.
We were made aware of the recent issues with both the AOBA
website and our own NEAOBA website being down.
It seems that it was the computers of
visitors to these sites and not the members computers that were
A day for the next meeting will be chosen by Cathy.
Meting was adjourned at 8:31 PM.
Barbie was not available to tell us about the National
Alpaca Farm Day. Will we be posting a
locator map on the website to show the
farms that are participating? We should
check with Breedworks.